Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Day 49 I'm Not a Morning Person

Ruth and I got up at 3:45 am to get ready and go to the airport.  We stayed at my sister Merrily's and luckily it's only 20 minute drive to SAT.  Still it was hard to say goodbye with my work trip lasting another 3 weeks before I head home.  As  soon as I dropped off Ruth I headed off into the darkness and headed South back to the farm.  I turned on the GPS just so I would have someone to jar me-\awake when I needed to make a turn.  When I was in my 20's I used to go to work at 4:30 am.  I would wash my face, grab a Pepsi and a Snickers Bar and open the branch post office before the first load of mail arrived.  I discovered that I still don't like getting up that early.  Arrived at the farm 3 1/2 hours later before most everyone had woken up.  At least I didn't miss breakfast.

...until tomorrow.

1 comment: