Thursday, March 12, 2015

Day 37 Oh Deer!

We left Jeremy and Amanda and headed toward Jackson Mississippi.  Detoured to the Shiloh  Battlefield for a tour of the grounds where Union and Confederate forces collided over 150 years ago. It was so interesting to see the battle sites that I've read so much about.  Everything comes alive when you step onto the fields.  I thought I heard the rumble of cannons but I think it was just my stomach growling.

Then we headed into Mississippi and took a shortcut on the Natchez Trace Parkway.  It winds through a national forest.  Unfortunately a deer took a shortcut too and smashed into the driver's side of the car.  The car survived but the deer probably didn't.  Lost the left mirror and smooshed the car doors.  Oh well, could have been much worse.  We're okay and the car just looks a little worse for wear.


...until tomorrow.
No relation that I know of

No comments:

Post a Comment