Friday, February 6, 2015

Day 2

Day 2




 






Chuck Yeager where are you?
Nice stay in Coalinga CA. Checked my beverage supply and gassed up to leave at 7:00 AM.  Headed out toward Bakersfield 90 miles away instead of going through Los Angeles.  Unfortunately, trusted GPS instead of map and ended up in downtown Bakersfield instead of bypassing it by just taking Cal Hwy 58.    After I found my way back to the Highway somewhere around Edwards Air Force Base I decided to bypass my next waypoint of Barstow.  Quickly ended up on Highway 395 that after 40 miles suddenly dumped me on the 6 lane San Bernardino Freeway. Hit Interstate 10 and found myself 60 miles East of LA!  After that it was straight on to Phoenix until the rush hour traffic stopped .  The GPS told me to get off the freeway and drive around the downtown area and got back on the Freeway in Tempe.  Just when I was getting ready to go back to paper maps too!  Young people just don’t appreciate the old fashioned ways.  I quit using maps because I can’t fold them.
Arrived in Casa Grande at 6:00 PM Mountain Time. Casa Grande is known for the  indian ruins. Also for having an agricultural station in the 1930’s to create jobs. When several men offered ideas to improve efficiency and create a profit they were told to shut up.  I just love big government!

I’m not sure when this will post as I’m having trouble getting on the internet.  Anyway the next stop is Fort Stockton Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment