Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Day 71 Surprise! Surprise!

After driving 800 miles yesterday it was nice just going 400 miles today. Left Holly and Garrett mid morning from Pasadena.  I had a good time visiting with them although I was still on Texas time and got up at 5 a.m.  Of course they didn't get up till 8!

Pulled into Sacramento around 5:30 p.m. after briefly fighting the traffic through the city. I walked up to the lobby of the hotel and noticed a woman standing behind a post. I nodded to her in passing and then did a double take. It was my darling wife Ruth! She had flown in that afternoon to surprise me. What a great way to finish my trip! Needless to say but tomorrow I'll only have one hand on the wheel while I drive...I'll be holding her hand with the other.

...until tomorrow.

1 comment: